Автор Тема: Mr. Mister - Broken Wings  (Прочетена 1149 пъти)

0 Потребители и 1 Гост преглежда(т) тази тема.

Неактивен Don_NUTSO

• Странник без сърце ...
  • Администратор
  • Гений
  • Публикации: 8562
  • Choose your destiny!!!
    • Порталът за поезия!!
Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
« -: Март 21, 2014, 22:25:27 pm »

Fight the fight alone
When the world is full of victims
Dims a fading light
In our souls

Leave the peace alone
How we all are slowly changing
Dims a fading light
In our souls

In my opinion seeing is to know
The things we hold
Are always first to go
And who's to say
We won't end up alone

On broken wings I'm falling
And it won't be long
The skin on me is burning
By the fires of the sun
On skinned knees
I'm bleeding
And it won't be long
I've got to find that meaning
I'll search for so long

Cry ourselves to sleep
We will sleep alone forever
Will you lay me down
In the same place with all I love

Mend the broken homes
Care for them they are our brothers
Save the fading light in our souls

In my opinion seeing is to know
What you give
Will always carry you
And who's to say
We won't survive it too

And it won't be long
By the fires of the sun
On skinned knees
I'm bleeding
And it won't be long
I'll search for so long

Set a-free all
Relying on their will
To make me all that I am
And all I'll be

Set a-free all
Will fall between the cracks
With memories of all that I am
And all I'll be

And it won't be long
By the fires of the sun
On skinned knees
I'm bleeding
And it won't be long
I'll search for so long

This mainstream classic Pop song was inspired by a book the lyricist John Lang read called Broken Wings, which was written by the Lebanese poet-philosopher Kahlil Gibran. The book is about picking up the pieces of your life and moving on.

The line, "Take these broken wings and learn to fly" appears in The Beatles song "Blackbird." Paul McCartney and John Lennon both drew from the work of Kahlil Gibran, as the first 2 lines of The Beatles "Julia" came from Gibran's 1926 poem Sand And Foam: "Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it just to reach you, Julia."

The book The Broken Wings, which was written in 1912 is a story of a love that is doomed by oriental social convention.

Clay Aiken covered this on his 2006 album A Thousand Different Ways, adding an original poem spoken by Erin Taylor. Richard Page of Mr. Mister was very complimentary of Aiken's version of the song.

In 2001, this song was sampled for a posthumous Tupac Shakur song "Until The End Of Time," which featured Richard Page. It only reached #52 in the US but peaked at #4 in the UK. (thanks, Edward Pearce - Ashford, Kent, England, for all above)

On December 7th 1985, Mr. Mister performed "Broken Wings" and "Kyrie" on the NBC-TV program 'Saturday Night Live'...
Both records peaked for 2 weeks each at #1 on Billboard's Hot Top 100 chart ("Broken Wings" on Dec. 1st, 1985 and "Kyrie" on Mar. 23rd, 1986).

-------------

"Broken Wings" is a song recorded by American pop rock band Mr. Mister. It was released in September 1985 as the lead single from their second album Welcome to the Real World. The song peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in December 1985, where it remained for two weeks. It was released as the band was just about to embark on a U.S. tour opening for Tina Turner. The song peaked at number four in the United Kingdom, the highest chart position the group ever achieved in Britain.

« Последна редакция: Март 21, 2014, 22:32:31 pm от Don_NUTSO »

Взех всичко от живота, наистина всичко. Ако сега Бог ми го отнеме, то тогава сме квит.
Всяко момиче, което имаше късмета да я целуна, спираше живота ми.

Всяка твоя капка кръв, всеки дъх на мен е обречен.