Автор Тема: ENGLISH  (Прочетена 3884 пъти)

0 Потребители и 1 Гост преглежда(т) тази тема.

Неактивен ReNKaTa

• Master
  • Публикации: 1997
  • So Delicious...
    • ReNKaTa
ENGLISH
« -: Октомври 17, 2005, 23:42:39 pm »
Моля ви, ако някой има някакви есета или материали (каквито и да са, само да са на английски) пускайте ги тук, че бая ще са ми от полза;) а смятам, не само на мен де :)

Ся имам да пиша няколко есета за утре, имах и едно упражнение с разкриване на скоби ... ии изобщо граматики, тестове.. всичко всичко :) пускайте го :) Много ще съм ви благодарна! (((и ви благодаря предварително!!!)))

Не е важно, че за света ти си само един човек, важното е, че за един човек ТИ СИ ЦЕЛИЯ СВЯТ!!!

Неактивен KUKLI4KATA

• Master of disaster
  • Публикации: 2061
  • Улиците на"след малко" водят до къщата на "никога"
Re: ENGLISH
« Отговор #1 -: Октомври 18, 2005, 01:32:27 am »
ESSAY ON LOVE

What is the one emotion that has everyone mystified? What is the one emotion that has started as many wars as it has ended? What emotion has had more plays, songs, and stories written about it than anything else? Love, that one emotion that makes enemies into friends and friends into enemies. So many legends surround this emotion, from the goddess Athena and Helen of Troy to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

Love comes in so many different levels, that it doesn't appear to be the same emotion at all, but it is. There is so much to love, that it will be hard to put into this simple essay. It can tear people apart and make us do irrational things to bringing together entire nations. What can this emotion not do? It's hard to tell, but there is a lot it can.

This emotion, bring tears to our eyes when something happens to our family members, friends, and pets. When we feel love ripped from us, as in death or being spurned by another, we do things we wouldn't normally do, such as go on violent rampages, or mourn to the extent that our loved ones have to watch us constantly to make sure we don't try anything like suicide. Some can move on, always remembering the lost loved one after a while, but others can not let go. These are the ones that need our love and support the most.

There are so many levels to love, that I can only express a few of them here. These are the ones we see most in life. Friendship starts this list off. Yes, it doesn't seem like it, but we do feel love towards our friends, this is what helps us get along so well, and why we miss them when we don't see our friends for a long time. It's also why we hold certain friends over others no matter what happens. Sometimes, the bond between friends deepens to the point where a stronger bond of love is made, making them family.

Another level of love, are for our siblings and other family members. Even though we do things to our family members, and sometimes we don't like some of our family, that bond is still there. It's this family bond level of love that brought about the phrase, blood is thicker than water. We will do things for our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, and children before we would even consider doing them for anyone else. Many wars have been started because of this family level, brother avenging brother or father, father protecting his wife and children, or even vice versa. This simple family bond can even extend to include our pets, amazingly enough, and that is a good thing.

A third level to love, is the bond that brings man and woman together. This level is among the strongest of them all. It is this level of love that has brought together kingdoms into nations in the past, and ended many great wars. It's is also for the love of a woman that has started a few of our well-known wars, like the Trojan Wars of ancient times. It's brought together families that have argued for years and years, such as in the Shakespearean play, Romeo and Juliet. Even though the two mentioned killed themselves in the end, it still brought their families together.

The last mentionable level of love is that bond between a mother and her children. There is no stronger, nor will there ever be. This bond starts from the very first tiny fluttering of movement and never ends, even after death of the child. A mother protects her children in the name of love, and directs them through life using it as the example to follow. Well, at least it should be. It's because of her children a mother will work at a job she hates, just to make sure they have everything they could ever want or need.

The phrase, love makes the world go round is very true. It's is our driving force, for what ever reason it may be. Poems, plays, and legends can only briefly touch the true meaning of love. We can only feel what that meaning is, and express it in ways only we can understand towards another. The true question we should be asking is not, what is life, but what is love.
What is love? I don't know, but I'll do what I can to express it to my son, my husband, my family and friends, and to every single pet I have or ever will own in the best possible way that I can.

Of the fourteen essays I'm writing, only this one treats an emotion. That love is the most important emotion is the deduction. I think other emotions may be as important, but are not so powerfully moving or interesting to most of us. Love is exciting. There is no need to justify choosing to write about it. Are not most songs love songs? Are not most novels stories featuring love?
Love in its broad sense is the feeling of strong attraction, and often attachment and protection. It is felt towards other people, towards pets, towards inanimate objects, towards abstractions such as patriotism, religious matters, hobbies, and I suppose nearly everything. It is multifaceted, and includes ordinary self-love, chivalrous love, carnal or sexual love, friendly love, family love. It is an emotion that is closely related to certain others, such as hope. At its simplest level it is what we strongly like.
I have a hunch that love, like the rose, owes much of its appeal to our mainstream Western culture -- and that in some other societies it is by no means such a big deal. Somehow, especially in recent centuries, the notion of romantic love has become elevated far more than it used to be. Why this has happened is for social historians to explain; I don't know. I will merely say that if one reads the ancient Greeks and Romans, then it is obvious that today love is relatively more significant in our culture. A plethora of differences exist between us and people 2,000 years ago. That doesn't invalidate my observation that we moderns rate love more importantly now that our ancestors used to.
It is presumed that sexual attraction, being instinctive, is comparatively constant over the centuries and across cultures. But let's be clear: sexual attraction is only one manifestation of love. One can be sexually aroused and still feel no love, just as a couple can be married and possess no mutual sexual appetite or love. Some people find they can fulfill sexual needs one way, and they love something else, such as a hobby or their work.
When sexual desire, or go ahead and call it sexual need, is very strong, it certainly gets called love. To be precise it may be best termed carnal love. Similarly, a glutton loves food, and an addict perversely loves whatever drug or activity he's hooked on. Sexual love, them, is not necessarily anything more than an equivalent of an animal being in heat. On the other hand, if two people share a wholehearted, broad-based love for each other, then their sexual relations may be more an expression of their affection than of their instinctive drive.
Yes, love and sex are too much confused. It is frightful how many beastly rapes and molestations take place, which are sexual but devoid of love completely. Love can be found thriving far from sex, as in a mother's love for her child, or a religious order's mystical love of doing glory to God, or of the knight's chivalrous love towards his country and rulers. The soldier's courage to defend his family is a kind of love in action. The artist who starves in an attic, living a celibate existence to produce masterpieces, is illuminated by love. Childhood friends who go through life together know love, though not sex, as regards each other. Have I made my point obvious?
It is, I'm sure. But I'm on a roll and don't want to stop yet. Love's antithesis is hate. Hate is often associated with harm or destruction, even death. But again, it is not equal to those. It is strongly held negative emotions, even as love is strongly held positive ones.
The golden rule, "Love thy neighbor as thyself," or "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," helps us see that if we want people to enjoy peaceful, content existence, we must work together cooperatively, and not let our passions, of either love or hate, get us out of line.
One thing I'm sure of, is the world would be a better place if all of us individuals had someone or something we loved. I feel sorry for people who are neutral about this, indifferent regarding that, and don't know what really turns them on. I almost wish there was a law against having no love in one's life. Well, that kind of thinking is too extreme. Is it possible, without love, to be healthy in a mental sense? To be balanced? Can an individual's self-esteem be proper without love? It is certainly possible for a person to be temporarily devoid of love. For example, pick up a random individual, transport him across the planet, and set him into a strange culture, where he knows no one, he knows not a word of the language. He will be in shock, and will love no one, and probably his only love then would be of longing for his familiar life. Temporarily, his shock, his sadness, and his bewilderment will be more powerful feelings than any love he feels.
Since love can be felt in so many different ways, it is a good thing our culture allows people freedom to choose. All the more wondrous that some of us seem to love nothing! What explains this? Are children who were in dysfunctional, abusive situations forced to retreat as it were into a shell, to be calloused against freely opening themselves to the flow of their emotions? Are certain people born with chemical imbalances in their brains which make it impossible for them to feel love? Are some people so prone to liking numerous things that they tend to not strongly like (i.e., love) any one thing in particular?
To love is to express oneself. Usually one's love is obviously manifested. It may be that even as some of us are generally shy and inhibited, some of us are poorer at loving. Doubtless there are complex, peculiar combinations of factors operating in every individual case. And most of our general rules or commonplace assumptions are based on behavior prevalent in our culture.
The chief motivating factor in many of our lives is love. People go to extraordinary lengths and costs to find love, or to give it, to keep it, to hope for it. In some cultures, such as primitive stone-age ones, I'm sure that basic food gathering and survival work is more dominating than any interpretation of love other than love of continuing to live.
In my life, I prefer to give my time to being with people I love, rather than being paid to spend time working for people whom I don't love. Similarly, I would rather remain single and wait until I can marry a woman with whom I can share profound love, than cohabit with a woman about who I am indifferent. It is often said "what really counts is that a person does what he or she loves." Yet how many of us really do? How many of us would keep doing our jobs if we didn't need the money? Few of us. Even if I was suddenly rich financially, I'd still do most of what I do now; I'd not fundamentally change.
No, money won't alter me much. Love may. If I decide to marry a woman, and she is eager also, I would stop merely doing whatever I please, and start giving my attention equally to pleasing her. Ideally we'd work very well together. But times would occur when we'd disagree, so I'd yield whenever I possibly could, out of my love and respect, and concern for our marriage.
The love that motivates people to give freely their very lives is greatly inspiring. If martyrs didn't have love propelling them, then they at any rate had strong emotions. Sometimes I dream about hypothetical situations that test my love. For example, if the woman I think the very world of, asked me to give up my Seattle existence, to live with her 1,000 miles away -- would I do it? Maybe. If I figured there was good odds of living happily ever after, I might. But such questions are answered not just by deliberation, they're affected by emotion. Love can blind us to logic, reason and common sense. I love so many things about my life in Seattle, and there are so many eligible women here -- that the chance of me heading out of town, loveblind, is remote. But that I think about such things, shows I am moved mightily by love.
I am so glad to love my work, to love my family and friends, to love my city, and to love nature. Yes, I want to also love a woman who loves me. That will come. So far it has alway been one-way rather than mutual. I'm particular, patient, and confident. It's sort of a "patting oneself on the back" to say it, but I wish more people would show restraint about forming intimate relationships of the sort that are called marriages. Too many young folks hurry into such arrangements, and all too soon failure comes about. People think it's easier that it really is. Loving is often easy, but the long-term nurturing and sustaining of the love is work. I develop this theme more in my essay FAMILY
  надявам се да върши работа.... [think]
Липсваш ми! Просто,безкрайно ми липсваш!
Такъв е животът ми днес и сега -
две шепи с илюзии тихо угаснали
и цяла вселена от мрак и тъга.

Неактивен KUKLI4KATA

• Master of disaster
« Отговор #2 -: Октомври 18, 2005, 01:34:05 am »
Narcotic

The term narcotic, derived from the Greek word for stupor, originally referred to a variety of substances that induced sleep (such state is narcosis). In the U.S. legal context, narcotic refers to opium, opium derivatives, and their semisynthetic or totally synthetic substitutes. Cocaine and coca leaves, which are classified as "narcotics" in the U.S. Controlled Substances Act (CSA), are technically not narcotics.

Because the term is often used broadly, inaccurately and/or pejoratively outside medical contexts, most medical professionals prefer the more precise term opioid for all natural, semi-synthetic and synthetic substances that behave pharmacologically like morphine, the primary constituent of natural opium.

Narcotics can be administered in a variety of ways. Some are taken orally, transdermally (skin patches) or injected. They are also available in suppositories. As recreational drugs, they are often smoked, sniffed or self-administered by the more direct routes of subcutaneous ("skin popping") and intravenous ("mainlining") injection.

Drug effects depend heavily on the dose, route of administration, previous exposure to the drug, and the expectation of the user. Aside from their clinical use in the treatment of pain, cough suppression and acute diarrhea, narcotics produce a general sense of well-being by reducing tension, anxiety, and aggression. These effects are helpful in a therapeutic setting and contribute to their popularity as recreational drugs, as well as helping to produce dependency.

Narcotic use is associated with a variety of effects including drowsiness, inability to concentrate, apathy, lessened physical activity, constriction of the pupils, dilation of the subcutaneous blood vessels causing flushing of the face and neck, constipation, nausea and vomiting and, most significantly, respiratory depression. As the dose is increased, the subjective, analgesic, and toxic effects become more pronounced. Except in cases of acute intoxication, there is no loss of motor coordination or slurred speech as occurs with many depressants.

Among the hazards of careless or excessive drug use are the increasing risk of infection, disease and overdose. Medical complications common among recreational narcotic users arise primarily from adulterants found in street drugs and in the non-sterile practices of injecting. Skin, lung and brain abscesses, endocarditis, hepatitis and AIDS are commonly found among narcotic addicts. Since there is no simple way to determine the purity of a drug that is sold on the street, the effects of using street narcotics are unpredictable and can be fatal.

Most of these hazards are secondary to illegality and impurities, rather than being inherent to the chemicals themselves. This is one of the arguments used for legalization of narcotics (drug legalization): not that heroin isn't harmful, but that addicts would be at less risk if they could go to a pharmacy and get heroin of known purity, with no dangerous contaminants, and clean syringes. One suggestion is to make narcotics prescription-only, in order to discourage casual use and experimentation. During the 1990s, clean syringes became more readily available, despite opponents who feared that this would meant that society "condoned drug use". HIV and hepatitis infection rates dropped among opiate injectors who had access to clean syringes.

With repeated use of narcotics, tolerance and dependence develop. The development of tolerance is characterized by a shortened duration and a decreased intensity of analgesia, euphoria and sedation, which creates the need to administer progressively larger doses to attain the desired effect. Tolerance does not develop uniformly for all actions of these drugs, giving rise to a number of toxic effects. Although the lethal dose is increased significantly in tolerant users, there is always a dose at which death can occur from respiratory depression.

Physical dependence refers to an alteration of normal body functions that necessitates the continued presence of a drug in order to prevent the withdrawal or abstinence syndrome. The intensity and character of the physical symptoms experienced during withdrawal are directly related to the particular drug in use, the total daily dose, the interval between doses, the duration of use and the health and personality of the user. In general, narcotics with shorter durations of action tend to produce shorter, more intense withdrawal symptoms, while drugs that produce longer narcotic effects have prolonged symptoms that tend to be less severe.

The withdrawal symptoms experienced from heroin- or morphine-like addiction are usually experienced shortly before the time of the next scheduled dose. Early symptoms include watery eyes, runny nose, yawning and sweating. Restlessness, irritability, loss of appetite, tremors and severe sneezing appear as the syndrome progresses. Severe depression and vomiting are not uncommon. The heart rate and blood pressure are elevated. Chills alternating with flushing and excessive sweating are also characteristic symptoms. Pains in the bones and muscles of the back and extremitites occur as do muscle spasms and kicking movements, which may be the source of the expression "kicking the habit." At any point during this process, a suitable narcotic can be administered that will dramatically reverse the withdrawal symptoms. Without intervention, the syndrome will run its course and most of the overt physical symptoms will disappear within 7 to 10 days.

The psychological dependence that is associated with narcotic addiction is complex and protracted. Long after the physical need for the drug has passed, the addict may continue to think and talk about the use of drugs. There is a high probability that relapse will occur after narcotic withdrawal when neither the physical environment nor the behavioral motivators that contributed to the abuse have been altered.

There are two major patterns of narcotic dependence seen in the United States. One involves individuals whose drug use was initiated within the context of medical treatment who escalate their dose through "doctor shopping" or branch out to illicit drugs. A very small percentage of addicts are in this group.

The other more common pattern of non-medical use is initiated outside the therapeutic setting with experimental or recreational use of narcotics. The majority of individuals in this category may use narcotics sporadically for months or even years. These occasional users are called "chippers." Although they are neither tolerant of nor dependent on narcotics, the social, medical and legal consequences of their behavior can be very serious. Some experimental users will escalate their narcotic use and will eventually become dependent, both physically and psychologically. The earlier drug use begins, the more likely it is to progress to dependence. Heroin use among males in inner cities is generally initiated in adolescence, and dependence often develops in about 1 or 2 years.

Неактивен KUKLI4KATA

• Master of disaster
« Отговор #3 -: Октомври 18, 2005, 01:35:03 am »
DIFFERENCE AND DIVERSITY
Imagine a world in which we all looked the same, listened to the same music, ate the same food and watched the same films. Apart from the fact that they'd always have jeans in our size it would be a pretty dull and depressing place. Fortunately there's a lot of diversity out there in opinions, values, politics, culture, race, body shape, size, sexuality, religion etc. Strangely, some people just can't stomach the fact that people are different and don't behave exactly as they do. Being scared or threatened by this difference can lead to intolerance and prejudice.

By accepting other people's differences we can reduce the amount of conflict and hate we have in our lives. This same principle works even on a global scale. Most wars - and therefore most suffering - is down to people thinking that because another group of people do things differently they must be wrong or even bad.

If we find ourselves taking against someone just because they have different views, looks, sexual preferences etc., it might be a good idea to examine what's going though our head. Also trying to see things from someone else's point of view can help break down any barriers and build understanding.

Неактивен KUKLI4KATA

• Master of disaster
« Отговор #4 -: Октомври 18, 2005, 01:35:31 am »
Books & Writing in Ancient Rome

At school, the students practiced writing by using a pointed metal pen called a stylus to scratch onto a tablet of wood coated with wax. Some pupils scratched writing exercises on pieces of broken pottery, while other students were allowed to write on papyrus with pens made of reed or metal. The ink was made from gum and soot. When papyrus was not available, washed animal skin was used instead. Later, parchment or vellum was used as a writing material.

The Romans were fond of books, and there were many bookshops and publishers in large cities such as Rome and Alexandria. A lot of people treasured their books, and had large collections of them. The state, and also a few rich individuals built libraries for the public. By the late Empire, there were 29 libraries altogether in Rome.

Books took an extremely long time to publish, as each book had to be written by hand. Publishers would employ a man to read the original book to a team of scribes, who were often Greek slaves. The scribes each wrote a copy of the book as it was read out to them. The scribes sat by desks, on which the scrolls were spread out with the ends to the scribe's right and left. The text was written in columns, and after a column was finished, the next column started on the right.

The scrolls varied in length, but were often about ten metres long. A lot of them were beautifully illustrated, and had parchment covers. These scrolls were usually stored in a leather casket.

Неактивен KUKLI4KATA

• Master of disaster
« Отговор #5 -: Октомври 18, 2005, 01:35:54 am »
THE NATIONAL BULGARIAN CUISINE

Many of the Bulgarian products and dishes are known in various other parts of the world. Bulgarian dishes and drinks have their devotees even among the most refined gastronomes and tasters. Bulgarian yoghourt is an industry, and the Great Roasted Red Pepper - an attraction. Anyone who has tasted a Bulgarian apple, already knows why Eve was tempted by this fruit.

Regrettably, milliards of people all over the globe have lived their lives without ever tasting Bulgarian wine. Worldwide ignorance has veiled the fact that none other than our ancestors, in the person of godlike Dyonisus, discovered wine. And there is no doubt that the importance of this breakthrough goes far beyond the invention of the wheel and the discovery of fire.

It's a pity that very few foreigners know how to cook original Bulgarian meals. But for this, the world would have been a much cosier place to live in.

Under this heading we intend to offer you recipes from all parts of the country. You are supposed to fulfil them strictly. Everything else is easy enough and pleasant, because Bulgarian cooking is the creation of people agrarian that had no time to linger round the fire and that knew the value of products.
Each dish is related with a certain myth, belief or ritual. It is part of the wonderland tale.

You have the opportunity of not only varying your diet, but also of impressing your guests by offering them an original meal while garnishing it with some wise and exotic story from the Balkans.

Неактивен ...::Mag1::...

• Master of disaster
  • Публикации: 4044
  • :-)
« Отговор #6 -: Октомври 18, 2005, 23:13:28 pm »
на Нея не знам ,но на мен ми свършиха  [smile2]

Неактивен KUKLI4KATA

• Master of disaster
« Отговор #7 -: Октомври 18, 2005, 23:14:13 pm »
на Нея не знам ,но на мен ми свършиха  [smile2]
   [smile2] радвам се :kissoflove:

Неактивен ReNKaTa

• Master
  • Публикации: 1997
  • So Delicious...
    • ReNKaTa
« Отговор #8 -: Октомври 23, 2005, 03:36:19 am »
Мн. миси сладка ;) аз в крайна сметка дори бях забравила за темата и си написах есето но миси за помощта :flowers:
Не е важно, че за света ти си само един човек, важното е, че за един човек ТИ СИ ЦЕЛИЯ СВЯТ!!!

Неактивен medenata

• Master of disaster
  • Публикации: 3918
  • Обичам те! Моето търсене приключи...
« Отговор #9 -: Април 26, 2009, 15:57:14 pm »
Аз ще помоля ако може някой да ми намери съчинение на английски на тема " Моят мъж мечта"  [lol] Нищо не мога да измсля.  [confused]